August 10, 2021 at 5:37 pm #1191
Received three models from Sam, Texan, Seven and Vulture. Anxious to share build and fly experiences.
I continue to be impressed with the packaging and presentation. And the quality of the kits is really amazing, especially at the price points.
I have started a video ‘showcase’ to document experience. https://vimeo.com/showcase/8730500August 10, 2021 at 5:58 pm #1193
Making a little progress on Vulture Build. This one has few parts and should be a quick build.
A couple of ‘enhancements’ I have done so far. I use vinyl colored tape to clean up edges. It is hard to get those seams to look ‘pefect’. The tape cleans it up and makes it a little tougher. Notice the red tape along top of fuselage. The downside is a little increase in weight, but I believe that will be negligible.
I also added window detail by cutting out template from card stock. I think it just improves look. I don’t want to destroy the classic look though. Personal preference.August 10, 2021 at 8:41 pm #1196
Looking amazing SO far! Well done Sir!August 10, 2021 at 10:36 pm #1203
Day #2 Videos update in Vimeo.
This would be a one day build if I wasn’t so busy with life.August 10, 2021 at 10:49 pm #1204
Day #2, progress, enhancements and modifications
August 11, 2021 at 10:44 pm #1205
- Added windshield cut from card stock
- Using colored electrictal tapes to strengthen and improve look on seams
- Using colored plastic ties on nose and leading edges of rudder and elevator. Reduces damage from ‘inevitable’ cunches.
- Repositionned the elevator control rods from top of fuselage to side. This insures that the white cut, hinge will not show on the top, but the bottom. Should reduce stress on top of fuselage where those two control rods would normally exit together.
Day 3 Vulture Build. Not much time available so focused on getting motor set up and added main landing gear as well as a tail wheel.
Short video available at https://vimeo.com/586030620August 12, 2021 at 11:33 pm #1207
Cub look with turf tires, or classic look with spoked?August 13, 2021 at 5:24 am #1208
Classic for Sure!!!August 13, 2021 at 5:24 am #1209
Classic for Sure!!!August 15, 2021 at 8:42 pm #1210
Finishing up on day #4. That is not full days for sure and this model could be put together in a day. Summary of modifications
1. I am using a turnigy 2200 3s battery as recommended. Even with the battery full forward right up to the motor my c.g. was about two inches off. Rather than add weight to nose that just makes the build heavier I chose to move the wing back about two inches. Using Great Plains c.g. balancer I found this hit c.g. spot on.
2. Because the bottom flat part of the wing was then flush with the top of the fuselage I chose to route the rubber bands up through grommets and out the top of the wing.
3. I then cleaned up the access hole on the top of the wing with some trim.
should be ready to maiden!August 15, 2021 at 9:11 pm #1211
Updated video showcase of the Vulture Build. Next videos…maiden.September 1, 2021 at 8:45 pm #1266
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.